by Steve Haruch
I'd have to dig through the data, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time the Top 10 have all come from the second half of the year — in this case, August and afterward.
10. Breaking: Scene Reporter Arrested in Troopers' Crackdown on Occupy Nashville (Oct. 29)
The phone rings just after midnight at Scene headquarters. You know that Pith post staff writer Jonathan Meador was going to file? Don't wait for it.
9. Governor Warns of More Arrests Tonight Unless Occupy Nashville Backs Down (Oct. 28)
You may see a trend emerging.
8. The Sounds Turn Incredible Off-the-Head Triple Play in Omaha (Aug. 22)
Aw, this one's just plain fun.
6. Music Industry Veteran Frank Dileo, Dead at 63 (Aug. 24)
Pith breaks the news that we've lost Michael Jackson's former manager, the guy who whacked Joe Pesci in GoodFellas, and the namesake of what may be Savarino's greatest sandwich. If this is true, one commenter writes, why isn't it anywhere else on the Internet? We get that a lot.
5. Occupy Nashville Protesters Claim Victory, Return to Plaza (Oct. 28)
Essentially a sign that tells people to stay tuned to Pith non-stop for the next 72 hours.
4. Night Court Magistrate Throws the Book at Haslam, Troopers Over Occupy Nashville Arrests (Oct. 29)
Hey, you try writing a post at 4:30 a.m.
3. State Concedes Defeat For Now in Occupy Nashville Battle; Judge Bans More Arrests (Oct. 31)
The post heard 'round the world.
2. Scene Reporter Captures Own Arrest on Video, Refutes State Troopers' Charges (Oct. 29)
The Flip camera is a beautiful thing.
1. Man Uses Knoxville Priest's Cross to Assault a Woman (Aug. 23)
This one had Scene managing editor Jack Silverman shaking his head as it generated thousands upon thousands more hits each week.