by Steve Haruch
* Skeletor and Early Man. Just because. (HT: Brandez.)
* Oh, fine. You want Sesame Street Slayer instead?
* For the six of you who have not already heard through vines of various kinds, Hotpipes have broken up. Let's just say we weren't happy to hear that.
* Someone/something called Live on the Green just started following Nashville Cream on twitter. Their web address is Lightning 100's site and they tell us to "get ready for the official announcement." Sounds like a concert series of some sort, right? We'll let you know.
* Guitarist Jason Yeary has quit Shoot the Mountain.
* Speaking of guitarist Jason Yeary, he is a member of Hammertorch, who have a new song up on their MySpace for your listening. The 'Torch will get to torchin' it up for their CD release shows on July 23 (at The 5 Spot w/Chris Crofton and the Alcohol Stuntband and Eric Zarycki & The Persuasion) and July 25 (Wall Street w/All We Seabees and The Bohannons).
* This weekend's midnight showing of Point Break at The Belcourt has been canceled, due to a "change in rights." Totally extreme bummer.