by Randy Fox
Is there a more perfect example of an early-’80s exploitation film than the 1983 classic of the women-in-prison genre, Chained Heat? Let’s examine the evidence:
• Gratuitous sex, nudity and violence? — Check!
• Outrageous and potentially offensive exploitation of racial, sexual (both straight and lesbian), crime, and drug-related themes? — Yup!
• Does the film star Linda Blair, John Vernon, Sybil Danning or Stella Stevens? — All four!
• Pam Grier or Tamara Dobson present? — No Pam, but Tamara is on the scene!
• Explosions and gunfights? — You betcha!
• Sex in a hot tub — Oh yeah!
• A bizarre and disturbing creature present? — Does a stuffed leopard with light-up eyes count?
What more do you need to know? Get yourself down to the Cult Fiction Underground underneath Logue’s Black Raven Emporium this weekend, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. and be prepared for quality entertainment! While you’re waiting, check out the NSFW (could there be any other kind for this film?) trailer!