For many restaurants, Dec. 25 is the only day of the year when they close. Happily for us hungry folks, a few keep the lights on, even on Christmas. Here’s our list, probably incomplete. As always, hotels are often a good bet to be open on the holiday, along with some Asian restaurants. So if you have a favorite, give them a call to see. Actually, it’s always good idea to call first, since holiday hours sometimes change at the last minute. If you know of others, please post them below — and let us know whatever you find if you venture out.
Happy holidays, and Merry Christmas from Bites!
• Bombay Palace, 2912 West End Ave., 321-6140.
• Calhoun’s, 96 White Bridge Road, 356-0855.
• Capitol Grille/Oak Bar at Hermitage Hotel, 231 Sixth Ave. N., 345-7116. (Capitol Grille will be serving a three-course prix-fixe dinner from 5 to 8 p.m.)
• Chinatown, 3900 Hillsboro Pike, 269-3275. Definitely call before you go, because this Green Hills spot sometimes has a full house on Christmas Day.
• 1808 Grille (Hutton Hotel), 1808 West End Ave., 340-0012.
• Latitude (Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt), 2555 West End Ave., 340-5152.
• Riverfront Tavern, 101 Church St., 252-4849.
• Sitar, 116 21st Ave. N., 321-8889.
• Sperry’s, 5901 Harding Pike, 353-0809, and 650 Frazier Drive in Cool Springs: 778-9950.
• Suzy Wong's House of Yum, 1517 Church St., 329-2913. (Suzy Wong's will be serving full menu 5 to 11 p.m.)
• Woodlands Indian Vegetarian Cuisine, 3415 West End Ave., 463-3005.