Our Weekly Open Thread Has 25 Percent Less Sodium

by

12 comments

potato_chips.jpg

Snack food and soft drink behemoth PepsiCo says the salt on Lay's potato chips will be redesigned to taste saltier so that less can be used.

Research revealed that only 20 percent of the salt supplies all the salty taste perceived by the taste buds. The remaining 80 percent is swallowed before it's tasted, but still contributes to overall sodium intake.

The new salt has been used in England for three years. Because it is still sodium chloride, the FDA will not have to approve it.

Burger Up on 12th Avenue South is having a very soft opening this weekend, we hear from a source. Don't go yet — it's just family and friends.

Another source sends word that La Paz is temporarily closed.

What's rocking your food world this week?

Comments (12)

Showing 1-12 of 12

Add a comment
 

Add a comment